Thread: suspension lift kit for silverado 03.

Default suspension lift kit for silverado 03.

Is there anyone here that have any kit to recomend?
    Is there allot of work to install?

I like the pro com kit whit the adjustable shocks. 6"lift.

Utsi
    *Silverado 6.5 98; crom bumper, side step w/ markers, bedliner, ganster cap w/ markes,

* Duramax 6.6 03; crom bumper, Sidestep,ganster cap, rollerbar, bedliner. 5" exhaus, programer.

i have a fabtech 8" lift with triple shock hoops for the front. I bought it off ebay and never took it out of the box because I'm having trouble saving money for tires and rims. The lift is used, but in good condition. Let me know if you are interested.

Whats the price?
    HAve the kit been used for a long time? The shox are they in good condition?

Utsi
    *Silverado 6.5 98; crom bumper, side step w/ markers, bedliner, ganster cap w/ markes,

* Duramax 6.6 03; crom bumper, Sidestep,ganster cap, rollerbar, bedliner. 5" exhaus, programer.

the price is $1500 plus shipping
    it cost me ~$350 to ship it from Florida to Illinois

Honestly, i havent even opened any of the boxes since i received it. The guy said the shocks have a few little spots of rust from being in contact with the elements of normal use and driving...but could be sanded down and repainted. the paint that comes on shocks is usually pretty cheap and gets pitted and rusts easily....

i think the kit was on for approx 20K miles

Sorry. Thats to high.

Utsi

I have a pro comp 6' lift with 35's. I like it. I bought the truck like that so I can't really compare, although my dad has the same truck as me only stock and there's really not much difference in the ride. The only time I might notice a difference is when I'm driving up and down the mountain to Big Bear.

Pete

Default leveling kit

i see a lot of these torsion bar key 2 inch lift kits and rear block kits for sale. are these kits worth it if i just want a 2-3 inch lift. i have already turned the torsion bars up about an 1.5". do they affect the ride? or is there any other mild lift kits that don't involve new shocks and spindles.
    2002 duramax , afe stage2 intake and mbrp 4 inch exhuast, efi live, bfg 285/75/16's

Unless you crank the bars tight the ride should not change. Now if you top out the shocks and the bars, it will be tight since they have no up travel.

Ihave mine turned up about 2 inches with stock shocks and it rides fine, with stock shocks. I have 1.2 inch blocks in back.

I also have the Cognito upper arm kit with Bilstien shocks ready to put on but it would only add about another 1/2 lift, but will allow more travel with better shocks.

I can still get into a 7 ft clearance parkign garage with 33 in tires on this setup.
    2006 GMC D/A C/C S/B, Snug Top Shell, Bed-slider
    33 inch Toyos, 17/8 Pro Comp Wheels, 4 in SS MBRP Exhaust-Turbo back, Evolution Tune, Mag-Hytec on Rear and Trans, Tranco Jr Shift Kit.

I don't know offf the top of my head if Fabtech makes a lift specific to your model but I've owned a few of their lifts as well as the one I have now on my 3500 and I really like them.
    94 Silverado 6.5TD Crew Cab DRW
    7" Fabtech Lift / 33" Mud Terrains
    SSDiesel Cold Air Intake and Exhaust

You should look into the kits made by Cognito and RCD.

Scott
    RIP Jason "Willyswanter" Payne and Noel "Dozer" Chadbourne.