Thread: Turbo Boost fail check engine light ?

Question Turbo Boost fail check engine light ?

Had a check engine light on 07 classic. The dealer said the code was a can't learn tubo vane position ???? I was towing and lost some power when it happened.
    It had set 4 other codes because of that. They reprogrammed and it works OK so far. They also updated program on EGR to make it pulse more so it won't clog? I hope this doesn't hurt milage. I have 9,800 miles on the truck. Is this a common thing? Will it happen again or does the reprograming take care of it? Thanks

Most common issue with the turbo codes (I forgot what code it is) is the vane position sensor itself. Not a big deal to replace, just don't forget to perform the position relearn procedure with the Tech2. On rare occasion, the solenoid gets plugged with debris and then you are looking at turbo replacement.
    1998 Chevy k-2500 454 147,000 miles and climbing!

1993 Pontiac G/A Big Block 3.3 Liter 140,000 miles and still going too!

Thanks. One of the codes said it couldn't learn vane position when they scanned it. They did a reflash and ? update? on that. It was supposed to take care of the issue.
    They didn't replace any parts or sensors. So far it is working OK. I haven't towed with it since the reflash. I hope it doesn't have a bad sensor. Thanks again for your response.