Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1994 6.5 water flow diagrams

Also dmax you are saying the bypass stuff is NOT true? Where can i find this info to read it? I did find a guys website about how WMI is superior to intercooling, he has some hate speech in there about other guys, is that it?

Sorry i dont spend much time on the web, so i dont know all the different camps/good ol boys/clubs etc etc.
    i just spend most extra time trying new things🤷🏿*♂ï¸

I wasn't presuming that you support or not, any of the theoretical cooling options available. Your posts were just taking the appearance that you might, and wanted to put that to sleep early. I wasn't referring to WMI. I'm a huge fan of that, and it works as advertised.

As John said earlier, the water pump won't push or pull volume at pressure enough, through any port or circuit, to do what you want, that won't upset the very delicate balance of engine cooling. The mention of the heater core loop was only an example, and would not be suitable for your intents, in any case. You won't find any circuit/port that will provide cooled coolant. It doesn't exist. Your coolant flow description in post #15 is pretty close to actual.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by High Toned SOB View Post
    I also know earlier on someone said the system doesnt have pressure/suction. I dont see/understand how thats possible. We have the hotside that is pressurized by the water pump and increased by heat. Then we have the cooled side that is suction/pulled back into the water pump.
    So since it is a loop, there has to be suction/pressure. Right?
    You're thinking in terms of a water system where a pump is pulling water from one source and pushing it into another, causing pressure. The cooling system on a vehicle, however, has nearly equal pressure on both sides of the pump. It's a completely closed system, there is no pressure from the pump. The water pump provides flow, but no pressure. It's simply moving the water around inside the closed system. That's why the thermostat can close and cut off the flow of water without causing damage to the system: there is no pressure, only flow.

The 6.5L diesel cooling system is marginal at best. Adding a water to air heat exchanger for the turbo utilizing the existing engine coolant is a bad idea, I'm afraid. Not only will you put a larger heat load on the engine coolant (even with an added small radiator), but you might even cripple current coolant flow and end up with hot spots in the engine. Your efforts will be better utilized using a separate coolant system for the turbo.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

In my opinion, every 6.5 i have seen with a larger turbo stays much cooler all around. Coolant temps, egt's, and iats',. Oil temps All lower.
    Fuel mileage goes up too.
    Jm2c

Ps don't ever discuss 4 corner cooling on this forum,..very closed minds here.
    1999 chev suburban C2500
    300,000 mi