Thread: check engine oil level light

Question

I recently removed the juice and installed the tech iv programmer from PPE. The next day I got the light "check engine oil level" I shut her down and checked the oil, all was well. Only 1500 miles on 15w40. I disconnected the batteries for a bit, hooked them back up and was fine for a few hours, then got the light again. This time I did an oil change and filter change (dual bypass system), to rule out possible pluged filter or god knows what. Disconnected the batteries again to reset code. Got the light again. Good oil pressure, doesn't seem to matter cold or warm. I have a call into PPE to see if anyone else has had the problem and will hear back in an hour. I am leaning towards a bad sensor. Anybody know where that would be located? Anybody had that light before? Suggestions? Thanks
    2002 d/a,c/c,s/b,white w/ blk flares,tech iv pcm programmer-duramaximiser,fipk,dynomax muffler on oem 3.5 inch exhaust,husky floor liners and mud flaps,vent visors,interco trxus 255/85/16,amsoil bumper to bumper.

I had this indication. It was a loose connector on the sensor, located on the drivers side of the oil pan. Secured it with a plastic wire tie and no trouble for about 10K miles. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    WAM, 2500HD D/A ext cab 4X4, 1997 Suburban 6.5TD K-1500.

Found the sensor. The connector looks good no cracks, etc. I removeded and inspected the connections, they looked pretty clean. Hooked it back up. Was good for a while then back on. Oh well I may be into see the dealer soon
    2002 d/a,c/c,s/b,white w/ blk flares,tech iv pcm programmer-duramaximiser,fipk,dynomax muffler on oem 3.5 inch exhaust,husky floor liners and mud flaps,vent visors,interco trxus 255/85/16,amsoil bumper to bumper.

I had the same thing happen to my '01 right after I bought it. It turned out that the sensor was bad.
    \'01 2500 X-Cab SB 4x4 D/A on \"Edge\"<br />K&N filter, Isspro Boost & EGT<br />Spray in Liner, Catchall Xtreme mats