Thread: 2001 Regular Cab Short Box Z71

Default 2001 Regular Cab Short Box Z71

2001 short wheel base 4x4 chevy. Super rare with the 5.3, automatic, Z71 package, and the regular cab short box. Very maneuverable and very powerful. It also has the optional rear locking differential, so when you need it, both rear tires will get power. The truck drives like a dream. Nice and tight, feels like a much newer truck. It has 117,000 miles on it, but drives tighter then my Dad's truck with 65K on it, just super well taken care of. There's a few door dings here and there, and the occasional scratch, but nothing out of the ordinary for a truck this age. Easily nicer then the average truck out there. The paint looks 10 miles deep when it's clean. It also has an access brand roll up tonneau cover that is fairly new and a rubber bed mat. The previous owner paid quite a bit to set this truck up for a slide in camper with the happijac mounting system and a full heavy duty wiring harness in the bed. Looking at the bed itself, it really doesn't look like a camper was ever in it, so he was either very careful, or never got around to putting one in. The heavy duty towing package is installed on this truck, and the wiring harness for the brake controller is in the glove box, waiting for your controller.

I recently had the computer re-tuned (real tune, not that hypertech junk) with the emphasis on low end power and milage. It gets 18-19 around town. I haven't gotten it out on a long trip since the tune, but it consistently did a hair over 20mpg with the cruise on 75. I also had 75% of the torque management removed, so it drives like it has the advertised HP. With the tow/haul engaged, it has full torque management to make the tranny hold up.

Oil changed at 3,000 miles. Never been in the mud. I love this truck dearly, but I'm trying to knock out some debt and am going to get a slightly older truck. My 4 month old loves it because he gets to ride up front in the middle with mom and dad, but our growing family really needs an extended cab. I'm sure I will regret selling it, but at this point it my life, it's what I need to do. I've taken care of this truck like I planned to give it to my son when he got of driving age. I will consider partial trades for a 95-98 extended cab.

$8000 OBO ~$250/mo through your bank on a 3 year loan.

New price:

$7500

Might want to post a location so that people know whether they are looking at driving cross country to pick it up.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Quote Originally Posted by trbankii View Post
    Might want to post a location so that people know whether they are looking at driving cross country to pick it up.
    *smacks forehead*

Wow, thought I put it in, I'm sorry! I'm located in Eau Claire, WI. If someone wants to come pick it up, I'll meet you at the airport, or if you are (somewhat) local, I'll drive to meet you.

SOLD pending final payment