Thread: Fuel Filter Replacement and FPPF

Default Fuel Filter Replacement and FPPF

I have an add on fuel filter under my truck (Thanks to Greg L) and it's a Racor R60S. I've looked high and low and can not find any replacement filters, plus I'm on the road a lot. I did fine another brand at a Kenworth dealer and it's a cross-over to the R60S. The brand name is... "Liter Finer". And it was about $10 cheeper. It fits and it works. Anybody heard of this brand before? Tell me I did good!

Also, on another note, Stanadyne diesel supplement products are hard to find to. An injector shop sold me on FPPF.

Again... tell me I did good

Mike
    2002 GMC, Pretty Dark Blue, 4x4 / 3500, ZF6, 115 gal spare tank and Rockets... (My Other One): Flying Fuel. I got three engines and a 52,000 gallon tank, how many you got?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxACL
    ...Racor R60S. I've looked high and low and can not find any replacement filters, ... I did fine another brand .. name is... "Liter Finer". And it was about $10 cheeper. It fits and it works. Anybody heard of this brand before? Tell me I did good ...

Mike,

You did good ..

Is your replacement filter a Luber-Finer?? .. Luber-Finer is an excellent filter (made by OEM Champ who also makes Mobil-1 filters amoung others) .. The Racor R60S crosses to a Luber-Finer LFF8063. Since these filters come with various micron ratings, it might not hurt to send Luber-Finer an email and ask them to confirm the specs are the same as the Racor. IIRC the R60S is a 2 micron filter.

FPPF is good stuff too ... I've been using FPPF injector cleaner periodically along with a regular dose of Stanadyne Performance Formula and Lubricity Formula. Around here FPPF can be found in truck stops but I have to purchase the Stanadyne on-line (5 gal pail option).
    Last edited by jbplock; 12-30-2006 at 20:08.
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD

FPPF Total Power is my preferred additive.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I have recently started using FPPF in every tankful - all trucks.

I had a couple of plugged injectors on my '94 and they have cleaned up and it has smoother cold starts after a couple of tanks. Early in the season I thought it was going to need injectors, now its back to normal.

Next some extra filtration is going on the Duramaxes, as they near the end of their 200K warranty and have new warrantied injectors.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Does anyone know if "Flying J" carries the FPPF?
    2007 Silverado Classic 2500HD, EC, SB, 4x4 LBZ, Allison 1000 6 speed, Banks 3" Intercooler Tube, BD LH Exhaust Manifold, Diamod Eye Downpipe, MBRP 4" Cat Delete Pipe, Banks 4" Monster Exhaust, GoodYear 265/75R 16E, Eagle Alloy 16"x8" wheels, Autometer EGT/Boost gauges, 50 gal in bed aux fuel tank.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan
    Does anyone know if "Flying J" carries the FPPF?
    I've never seen it stocked, and I've been to a bunch of the Hooks. Doesn't mean none of them do. The regularly stock Howes, Lucas and Power Service. I've seen others at different stores, but it doesn't appear to be at all stores. The local owners/managers may stock additional products according to customer requests, so you'll have to ask. The product information on their website is limited to services and fuel only.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com