Thread: 772,470 Miles!

Arrow 772,470 Miles!

Here are a couple images of a local truck I saw recently here in Montana.

The owner said he bought the 2002 GMC 2500HD in 2014 with 135,000 miles on the odometer. The mileage you see now was accumulated as a consequence of delivering RV travel trailers for dealers all across the US and Canada.

I asked him about maintenance... The truck is running on its second set of injectors. He attributes the injector life to a FASS system (2-micron filter plus lift pump). The truck is running on its 4th water pump and original head gaskets. He also equipped the engine with an Amsoil oil-bypass filtration system, but runs with conventional petroleum 15W-40 diesel rated motor oil. Oil is changed about every 7-10k. The original Allison is serviced at 50K intervals, and it has never been a problem. He also said the truck is on its 4th set of front hub bearing assemblies.

The owner is using a BullyDog system, more as a monitor, but is running a mild towing program.

It still sounds smooth and doesn't smoke.

Jim
    Attached Images
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's encouraging. Not bad on 2 sets of injectors.
    I'm at 260k miles now and will be changing out the weepy water pump tomorrow. Had a couple of hub and cv axle changes on each side. Gonna need an exhaust system soon.