Like I've mentioned, elsewhere, the Seneca is fairly lux, but. --- Though it has some pretty classy stuff, like a huge microwave/convection oven over the stove, and a piano hinged toilet door, with 11 SS screws on each side, making it the most solid door I've ever seen in an RV, that doesn't mean that poopieness can't occur. Like the micro wave falling down onto the counter on our maiden voyage! Or, like both pocket doors that separate the lav/shower room from the bedroom and the kitchen coming loose, waaay back in the pockets!

Just dealt with the pocket door issue; the microwave having long-since been fixed. The pocket doors turned out to be accessible from inside the toilet, but it meant removing the cabinet over the flush, and cutting out two layers of wall behind it to do the BR side door, and cutting a section out of the wall on the kitchen side of the toilet wall. Wonder that the door track didn't fatigue and fracture inside the pocket on both doors. Got lots of experience, now, running a Ryobi 18V up-side-down.

As with most RV's that I've had any kind of experience in, the Seneca is a wiring nightmare. Little rhyme, nor reason to it, and no kind of diagrams to help yuh. So far, I've by-passed the original main slide switch and doped out the wiring and used a momentary two-way toggle switch. I've given up on the outside radio, which I wouldn't use, anyway. It looks like the Jayco factory used a whole lot of suitcase connectors under the kick-panels in the cab, and under the switch plates for the interior lights by the front coach door. The main awning control is wired the same way, in that same mess. Don't know about you, but I hate suitcase connectors.

Suppose I should consider myself lucky that I didn't burn the whole she-bang to a crisp within the first 2 weeks that we had it. Hadn't bought the Wells Cargo trailer for the Miata, yet, and was using a soft car cover. Went away, one day, and wadded up the cover and shoved it into the smallest basement cubby for the day. Came home and went to get the Miata cover. Smelled smoke and opened the door to find it billowing out the opening. Yanked the cover out and found a smoldering gap that proved to fit right over the driver's side windshield. Stamped out the glow and went back and checked the bin. The side-mounted 12V light fixture had a melted lens, and the bulb had blown when the plastic melted to it, but, apparently still glowed for a while. I disabled that fixture, and resolved to never stuff something into any of the bins. There's a light fixture in each of all 9 storage bins, plus one under the water-works/waste door. The switches are rockers, and easily turned on. The bulbs will get real hot if used too long, especially if you stuff a lot of insulation around them, like I did. Changing to all LED's when I can.

The Seneca is proof that one has to plan on just as much attention to up-keep as you would a permanent dwelling. God help you if you don't have some tools and skills, if you're gonna do any RV'in.