Thread: diesel fuel in mexico

Default diesel fuel in mexico

Do they have ULSD in mexico yet

It's been a few years, but I read an article about the availability of ULSD in Mexico that said you could find old or new spec diesel fuel. Fuel stations nearer to the population centers tended to have plenty of ULSD.

High sulfur diesel will negatively affect the converter and particulate filter used in the 2009+ trucks. Talk to your local dealer about warranty implications before traveling south.

I'm glad my LBZ works either way. I just don't have plans for Mexico, but.....You never know.
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

I spoke with a guy that operates in or around Mexico and has rescued a good many LML owner. It seems that there is not a good availability and there may be a need to preform a service regen to get things back up and running.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!