Thread: US to GB

Default US to GB

Hi guys, I have a Silverado 2500HD 2002 purchased new in 2002. It has full towing package, and it is a Canadian vehicle , which has the Amber Indicators.
    Not like US models that uses the stop lights for Indicators.

It is a 7 spade tow plug on rear, and I have just purchased a Camper (British) with GB 7 round pin connector. Is there an adapter to plug in both to alter the lights ?,
    `Dek

Quote Originally Posted by Dek Hawkins View Post
    Hi guys, I have a Silverado 2500HD 2002 purchased new in 2002. It has full towing package, and it is a Canadian vehicle , which has the Amber Indicators.
    Not like US models that uses the stop lights for Indicators.

It is a 7 spade tow plug on rear, and I have just purchased a Camper (British) with GB 7 round pin connector. Is there an adapter to plug in both to alter the lights ?,
    `Dek
    I am not familiar with the GB 7 pin connector, but the US 7 pin connector already has a built-in converter to change the separate amber turn signals into the combination red turn/stop lights.

The US 7 pin connector has wires for the following:

LH stop/turn
    RH stop/turn
    Clearance/tail/running
    Electric brakes
    12V battery charge
    Backup/reverse
    Ground

This might be the adapter you need:

7 blade to 7 round adapter

You could also replace the male plug on the camper with a 7 blade connector.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter