Thread: Diablo tuner

Default Diablo tuner

Just got my tuner back after mfr update I hope it was worth the 99$. Was never happy with the it.Has anybody have input on this one.I know John's custom tune is the way to go but i have this and $$ as always. 02 LB7 with 3000 # slide in camper.

Default Diablo tuner

Sorry for post ,newbie here. did a search found some info.anyting new would be good though.Thanks LJR

I carry the Diablosport tuner with me at all times - mostly for the ability to read and reset codes. It has been nice to utilize the same programmer for three trucks (LBZ, LBZ, LMM) with only one $99 update requiring at trip back to the factory.

As for the tunes, they work but are a bid improvement over stock for what I do. If you want a sensitive pedal where only 1/2 throttle requests can result in rear tire smoke, well its in there.

JK offers the best tunes for a specific purpose, and makes great sense if you are tuning within warranty, and want to be able to switch ECMs to avoid detection.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Default Diablo tuner

Thanks for the reply.Put the 65 hp tune in and drove it empty,got some smoke for the first time since Ibought the tuner 5 years ago , better.Put the camper on and ready to go the 1500 miles back to snow country from AZ. Hope the speedo recal works this time.LJR