Thread: 94 6.5l runs but jumps up and down when throttle is applied

Default 94 6.5l runs but jumps up and down when throttle is applied

I have a 94 6.5 that was running great until the other day. Tried to drive home and when I started the truck it started fine but as soon as I put it in gear it went low idle. So put it back in park and gave it gas and it idled up but as I am holding my foot on the throttle it starts surging up and down. I was trying to idle around 1000 rpms but it jumps up and back down and pours out black smoke. It is undrivable as of right now. I am leaning towards it being a fuel issue but not sure what. Do you think it could be injectors have failed or possibly pump? Not real sure what to do from here hopefully y'all can shed some light on the situation

Swap out your PMD as the first step
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

But before you do that, change the fuel filter and make sure you have a good flow of clean fuel to the injection pump.
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

If it just " suddenly started" doing it,. Change pmd 1st,.
    Fuel filters sneak up on you,. They don't just jump out and be "bad"
    1999 chev suburban C2500
    300,000 mi