I have an 01 DMAX last week the low coolant light come on as I left home. I went back popped the hood and found the bottle a little low. I added coolant. Next day the light returned,found upper hose clamp loose,tighten clamp added coolant. Now after a few minutes of driving jud
st when it starts to warm up the heater goes cold and the guage will drop to 160 couple minutes later it will blow warm air and the guage will rise to 200 the fall back to 185. Sometimes at this point the coolant light comes on. I find coolant all over the right side from the tank. I acts like an air lock in the heater core. I bleed of the air and it still acts funny through the first warm up cycle. Seems to have good heat after that and the coolant res has not went low in last couple days. Did I fight an air lock or do I have compression in the block. Any word on injector cup or oring failure. Thanks for any help. This is the best site ever I used to have a user name back in 2001 but forgot it had to reenter. I have about 150,000 miles on her love the ol girl if she does not start costing money.