Thread: Greetings from Indiana

Default Greetings from Indiana

Hello everybody, been away from the GM diesel world for awhile, but rejoined last fall and finaly got around to coming back here. Picked up a super clean '94 C2500 6.5td. Originaly owned by a profesional diesel mechanic, second owner needed to sell to settle a divorce issue. Super clean, 98% rust free, just starting to see some issues in the bottom of the drivers door. That will get fixed along with the silver paint on that door and the roof that is going south. The rest of the truck just shines! Only changes since the pics are I changed the axu lamps to KC amber fogs(lost one of the old ones to a rock, KC's have Lexan lenses) and I finally installed OEM style roof marker lamps. She is my dd to work and pulling my small trailer with my custom diesel powered Wheel Horse garden tractor to shows. Engine runs flawlessly, only thing I have done is the SSdiesel remote PMD cooler. Next upgrade is the fluid damper, I keep checking the damper when I change the oil, looks good so far. Truck has 149K on it, engine looks to be original and is a 599 casting. Keep forgetting to look to see if I can tell if the IP has been changed ever. Starts super easy so I am wondering if the pump has less than nearly 150K miles on it. Exhaust is 3" straight off the turbo, but looking at muffler options as its a bit obnoxious at 5:30am on the way to work. Interior is as nice as the outside of the truck, all the options work, and the air is ice cold. I do believe the PO is running her without a thermostat as the old girl never shows much on the temp gauge in the winter(I get heat though). Or the stat is in the failed open position. Will look into that before it gets any colder. Going to go thru my grounds this weekend as my new job will require her to sit in the lot for 10 hours, so if its -20 wind chill, I need her to start when I go home. All 8 glow plugs were replaced right before I bought it, along with two new batteries. Here is a pic of her taken earlier this year. Mike
    Silly NT's....I have Asperger's!
    1994 Chevy C2500 6.5td
    SSDiesel Heatsync
    4L80e built
    150K miles and counting

Welcome back! Nice looking rig.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Greetings and welcome from Fort Wayne!
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

If anybody local has the Tech II scanner that can do the relearn so my IP knows it has a #9 resistor, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks guys. She is my pride and joy! Mike
    Silly NT's....I have Asperger's!
    1994 Chevy C2500 6.5td
    SSDiesel Heatsync
    4L80e built
    150K miles and counting

Actually the use of the number 9 resistor is a tad more complicated than just a relearn.

Each injection pump requires a resistor to get the ECM and the IP all calibrated

The resistor is a calibration tool.

To be able to use the #9 resistor you need change the chip in the ECM to one of the aftermarket programmed chips.

Then to really use the extra fuel and other changes to the ECM you need a good high flow exhaust and a spring type waste gate controller is a good choice as well.

The tech 2 tool can get TDC OFFSET done for you and other things too.

If you don't know what resistor was in the critter then usually a #5 will work without the computer complaining.
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY