Thread: To bypass or to not bypass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Ed, thanks for the input. Are you using any type of fuel additive?
    My injectors were replaced at about 107,000 on my dime or should I say thousands of dimes. Since the truck had about 50,000 miles on it I have been running Amsoil(Amsoil states that I would be OK to go to 20K). Changing the oil filter every 7K and oil and filter every 14k. At 7k the oil still has a very nice light light brown color to it. At 14K it is black as to be expected. Factory fuel filter every 15K. I am a field tech by trade and believe in maintenance. I have run a few gas powered vehicles beyond 250k plus and an S10 well passed 300k before selling it them.

Oh, since my last post the wife needed to use my truck while her Honda minivan was in getting the roof repainted (factory recall). She tried to take it through a drive thru. Now the drivers side of the bed needs to be replaced. Yippeee!!! $10,000 truck now worth maybe $7,000. I will see if I can figure out how to post a picture later.
    2003 Ext. Cab Long Bed
    Banks Cold Air
    Banks Exhaust
    SAC injectors
    EFI Live Tuning

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Cold water View Post
    ......I will see if I can figure out how to post a picture later.
    You can link from any outside storage site, or go HERE and upload them to your photo album here (a new option for every TDP Forums member).
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cold water View Post
    Hi Ed, thanks for the input. Are you using any type of fuel additive?
    My injectors were replaced at about 107,000 on my dime or should I say thousands of dimes. Since the truck had about 50,000 miles on it I have been running Amsoil(Amsoil states that I would be OK to go to 20K). Changing the oil filter every 7K and oil and filter every 14k. At 7k the oil still has a very nice light light brown color to it. At 14K it is black as to be expected. Factory fuel filter every 15K. I am a field tech by trade and believe in maintenance. I have run a few gas powered vehicles beyond 250k plus and an S10 well passed 300k before selling it them.

Oh, since my last post the wife needed to use my truck while her Honda minivan was in getting the roof repainted (factory recall). She tried to take it through a drive thru. Now the drivers side of the bed needs to be replaced. Yippeee!!! $10,000 truck now worth maybe $7,000. I will see if I can figure out how to post a picture later.
    I use this additive and have since new - https://fppf.com/product/total-power/.

It was recommended by a member here and I get it from him by the case. Has it helped with my injector longevity? Don't know, but I do still have 7 of the original 8 injectors and they seem to be working fine at 200,000+. My mileage both loaded and unloaded hasn't changed a bit and the engine runs great and idles smooth.
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06