Thread: 06 6.6 Duramax rough idle/shaking

Exclamation 06 6.6 Duramax rough idle/shaking

I have a 2006 GMC 2500hd Duramax that I have had for a little over a year now. My fuel gauge doesn't work when it gets to a quarter tank and below and recently ran out of fuel. Which was fine i got fuel, primed it and got the air out of the lines for my truck to start back up. However now it sounds like there is a fuel knock and my motor is shaking at idle and when i try and drive it it shakes then too. I got a code P003A that is for the turbo vane position sensor. I can't seem to figure out why my engine would be shaking and have the fuel knock sound it started the shaking and seemed sluggish like it was down on power after it had been sitting idling while i was at a parts store and when i left a small amount of white smoke was coming out the exhaust but stopped after a minute or two(but the motor kept shaking) and when i stopped completely and got on the gas it had black smoke coming out like normal. So i don't know if it's something with a a bad injector or what would cause that. I changed the oil and fuel filter 2 days after i ran out of fuel. If the egr valve is clogged up with soot in it could it make it down on power and make the motor shake like that? I'm just trying to diagnose the problem as this is the first diesel I have owned and the truck is all stock.

Ttt...
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake