Thread: SWENGINES,com

Default SWENGINES,com

Anyone had any dealings with SWENGINES? They have "good running low mileage pullouts pretty cheap. Around 2800, complete engine.

Don't buy a "pretty cheap" engine without pulling the pan and inspecting the bottom end,because you could end up with an "ugly expensive" door stop if you don't
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Arrow

Find out if they will guarantee the block/heads to be crack-free. I'd pay a little extra to have them pull the pan to check for main web cracks. Maybe a compression test???

Will they pay return shipping if the engine or cyl heads is/are defective? Jim

You should check them out. They guarantee them for 3yrs or 36K mi.

a quick google got the review page...
    Buyer beware...
    Especially with a big heavy 6.5 with known weaknesses
    Could get lucky....
    Could go to Vegas instead and win a pile of money and just buy new.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

YIKES!
    Most of the reviews are horrible, especially about the warranty! Unless I fall into a pile of cash I don't need, this baby is done. I can't spend 5K+ fixing it.

If you shop around you should be able to find an engine or parts on the cheap.
    What is wrong with yours?

connecting rod came loose. Locked up the crank and broke of the adjacent bearing block. That just all I see after getting the pan off. It could be worse on further inspection. I'll have to get it out to see the real story, but a crank, oil pan, rod, bearing block and bearings, line bore, etc.... I'm into 2K pretty quick, if the block is salvageable. Thinking whole long block is in order, or just scrap it. It is a 93.

check out the thread below. "Broken"

If the truck is in good shape,keep looking you can find cheep good parts.
    Since i got into the GM diesels i have accumulated a bunch of parts for next to nothing. i have 3-4 running? engines and another 3 core engines that i got for nothing from shops that were closing.
    Seeing it is a 93 you can go with a 6.2 as well.
    Try putting an add on craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon6.2 View Post
    a quick google got the review page...
    Buyer beware...
    Especially with a big heavy 6.5 with known weaknesses
    Could get lucky....
    Could go to Vegas instead and win a pile of money and just buy new.
    Who sells 6.5 TDs new? I'm not looking forward to my engine croaking as I plan on driving this truck until I croak.
    DP member #38 1992 Chev K2500 RPO C6P 6.5TD 150K miles
    2014 John Deere 1025R

Quote Originally Posted by ulhpilot View Post
    Who sells 6.5 TDs new? I'm not looking forward to my engine croaking as I plan on driving this truck until I croak.

I believe there are no more "new" 6.5 engines.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

You can buy new 6.5 optimizers from a couple different vendors but no new GM casted 6.5’s that I know of anywhere.