Thread: Picked up a cool 48 Ford F1 "Mater" with a 4BT

Default Picked up a cool 48 Ford F1 "Mater" with a 4BT

Fellow built this but didn't quite get the bugs out. Had to replace the whole power steering system due to missing valve parts in the PS pump. Lots of air leaks in the airbag system. Working on those. Also the belt tensioner was screaming. Replaced that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    The radiator and intercooler are shiny!

What sort of chassis is under the truck?
    Jim it's the original frame that was boxed in. New Mustang front independent and a custom fabricated rear suspension. 8.8 Ford rear. NV4500 manual trans.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like the PO was doing a nice job on it.
    I have a 37ish Plymouth Businessman coupe,the body is rough but all there.
    It will be getting a new frame with handling and safety in mind,I am leaning to a done up 6BT as power,and a cage.Then i will drape whats left of the body on it.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Very cool!!

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Yo hoot View Post
    Jim it's the original frame that was boxed in. New Mustang front independent and a custom fabricated rear suspension. 8.8 Ford rear. NV4500 manual trans.
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing! I bet it rides better than it did in 1948 too.

Jim