Thread: Battery Cables for Van

Default Battery Cables for Van

Anyone know a good source for new battery cables for a van with a 6.2L? Rockauto only seems to have the battery to terminal cables, but neither of the battery-to-battery cables.

Make your own cables.Then you will know you have good ones.
    Get some welding cable and ends,solder it up and you are good to go.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Or go to a local battery supply, such as Battery Outfitters, and have new cables made. I had them make me some custom cables for my old 6.2L several years ago. I had them make a positive cable that was one piece from the driver's battery post, to the passenger's battery post, down to the starter; it was really slick, made of larger gauge wire than factory, and allowed more current to flow for faster starts.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Quote Originally Posted by arveetek View Post
    Or go to a local battery supply, such as Battery Outfitters, and have new cables made. I had them make me some custom cables for my old 6.2L several years ago. I had them make a positive cable that was one piece from the driver's battery post, to the passenger's battery post, down to the starter; it was really slick, made of larger gauge wire than factory, and allowed more current to flow for faster starts.

Casey
    Never even considered that, I’ll look in to it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by arveetek View Post

Casey
    For some things it is nice to live in civilization.
    I would love to be able to get cables made.No such service up here.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

No welding supply shops in the Great White North?
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    No welding supply shops in the Great White North?
    Welding supply shops...yes
    Wiring cable building shops... no
    I have been waiting 3 weeks for fittings for my new to me forklift to make a hose.
    Yesterday i tried 3 motorcycle shops looking for a Air filter with a 2" rubber opening,like what dirt-bikers use when they mod their bikes... nope had to order through NAPA
    So things are limited way up here,and local(Whitehorse) service sucks.Everyone is willing to order what you need,which i can usually do and have it delivered to my post office instead of having a 200 mile round trip journey to get it.

I sent you a PM with a shop that will make them and ship to you..
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sctrailrider View Post
    I sent you a PM with a shop that will make them and ship to you..
    Now all I gotta do is send them my old cables for them to copy, nice.

He makes a high quality heavy gauge kit, you will be pleased...
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook