Getting near to head-for-Texas time, and I have ~40 gal of diesel in my 80 gal tank, that's been sitting there all Summer. You might have seen my notes on the algae fiasco that we experienced on our way back to Vt., last Spring.

The last 300 miles was without incident and the fuel that's in there has been heavily treated with algae killer, as was every tankful over the last 900 miles.
I went through 3 stock fuel filters over the last ~1200 miles.

Our son is convinced that I should drop that tank and do a thorough cleaning with ??? acid, and not take any chances. Well, I just crawled under there and did an assessment and it was enough to convince me that I'd rather spend a couple-hundred on fuel filters, than go through all the pain of wrestling with that tank. It's 7 feet long, almost 3 feet wide, and like, 1.5 feet deep; it's steel and must weigh 200 lbs. Lots of stuff to remove to access it, too.

What are your opinions? I'm hoping that experiences among the DP members will make me more comfortable about moving on with just the chemicals and filtration. BTW, I'm in the process of installing an Air Dog system in there.

Any and all advice will be well appreciated.
Thanks.