Thread: 6.5l turbo 1993 wont crank over

Default 6.5l turbo 1993 wont crank over

Put new flywheel conversion kit in it and it drove fine. Drove it to store put 70$ in diesel and headed home. On way home when i slowed down for car it blew out a puff of white smoke and the temp gauge went way up so i shut it off. Now wont crank over. It was running fine.is my motor shot? Someone said an injector couldve gotten stuck. Im tryin to get glow plugs out now for some reason, boyfriends workin on it. Im helping. Lol and cant get to first or last one on passenger side. Any suggestions? Got rest of them through fender well but this ones hard get to. Something about trying to crank it over and see if fuel comes out. Can someone suggest how get glow plug out or how do i kno if its shot? Does anyone kno what im saying? Help. Lol

Welcome to the Forums!

These injectors don't "get stuck" and pour extra fuel. If they stick, they stop working. The fuel volume is determined by the injection pump, and the injector "pops" that fuel when it reaches pop pressure. Sounds like you'll find a cylinder or two full of coolant (of course, it will be the ones with the difficult glow plugs). Probably a head gasket, and now it's "hydro-locked" cylinder(s). Meaning, cylinders full of liquid won't move, happens after you shut it off and the coolant has time to fill it. If so, it will also have a heavy dose in the crankcase, so don't let that stuff pump through. If it's #8 (passenger - rear), check the cylinder bore for a fine crack just below the deck, although I've not heard of one act that fast. Cross your fingers. Maybe it's only the gasket, and the running or cranking it didn't damage a piston or rod (check piston crown height with heads off). Good luck, and let us know what you find.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com