Thread: Air intake ideas?

Default Air intake ideas?

I am looking for the best idea or suggestion on how to repair/replace my broken air intake duct. There are many ways to go about this however I am looking for something that will give the best stock look and fit. Maybe someone here has been down this road before and has a good solution thanks in advance for your suggestions. Harold
    Attached Images Attached Images

You could try identifying a part number and search for NOS. You may find one in a wrecking yard, but what you find won't likely be much better than your 30+ year old part. Other than that, you'll have to fabricate a pipe from pieces. Siliconeintakes.com or Summit/Jegs will have the pieces you need. I've seen aluminum dryer ducting used, but it isn't very durable beyond a temporary solution.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Mine is in this shape as well. Dry rotted. I hope somebody has a solution. 1983 model.

Default 3D print...

You could 3d print one. Probably in two halves and fused together with acetone. Most printer will printer 8x8 or 8x12

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by HStout View Post
    I am looking for the best idea or suggestion on how to repair/replace my broken air intake duct. There are many ways to go about this however I am looking for something that will give the best stock look and fit. Maybe someone here has been down this road before and has a good solution thanks in advance for your suggestions. Harold
    Through a combination of what you have and what's available at the following link, you should be able to fabricate a nice replacement. Bringing in cooler air from outside the engine compartment means about 1 horsepower for every 10 degrees cooler the air becomes. Jim

https://www.bing.com/search?q=commer...68C6C539B0C538

Aluminum flex dryer ducting works very well, found at any home store...
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sctrailrider View Post
    Aluminum flex dryer ducting works very well, found at any home store...
    I'd stay away from the plastic hose, but a metal flex pipe (aluminum, like you suggested) would work great. You could also use some of that rubber coating paint to make it look OE, once you get the ducting fabricated into its final form. Jim