Thread: Duramax Conversion Motor Mounts

Arrow Duramax Conversion Motor Mounts

Duramax Conversion Motor Mounts
    Quality Mounts To Help Get Your Project Started

Aside from having the information you need to complete a Duramax conversion, having a ready-made and quality set of conversion mounts will go a long way to help get your project underway. GM changed the motor mount configuration beginning with the 1999-2007 body style trucks - producing an asymmetrical positioning on the engine, meaning one mount is further ahead of the other side. Not only are the Duramax factory motor mounts positioned asymmetrically on the engine, but they are also very different when compared to earlier GM full-size trucks and SUVs. The professionally produced generation II mounts shown here solve that problem, making it possible to install a new Duramax 6600 diesel engine into an early 1980s to late 1990s GM full-size.

Click HERE to read more about these mounts and to place an order.
    Last edited by More Power; 04-05-2023 at 14:30.

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    Duramax Conversion Motor Mounts
    Quality Mounts To Help Get Your Project Started

Aside from having the information you need to complete a Duramax conversion, having a ready-made and quality set of conversion mounts will go a long way to help get your project underway. GM changed the motor mount configuration beginning with the 1999-2007 body style trucks - producing an asymmetrical positioning on the engine, meaning one mount is further ahead of the other side. Not only are the Duramax factory motor mounts positioned asymmetrically on the engine, but they are also very different when compared to earlier GM full-size trucks and SUVs. The professionally produced generation II mounts shown here solve that problem, making it possible to install a new Duramax 6600 diesel engine in an early 1980s to late 1990s GM full-size.

Please click the above link to read more about these mounts and to place an order.
    Wish I would've been able to find these last month before I had some built for my 1994 k1500-lb7
    -94 K1500 lb7 swap
    -06 Cl55 AMG Mercedes Benz @ 12.3 seconds
    -04 E55 AMG Mercedes Benz
    -08 f150

Now we just need stand-alone ECU's so we don't have to deal with the dashboard wiring.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Agreed Jeep,
    Jim, Is there anyone out there that has a cure for that? I'm guessing there is and I've just not seen it yet. After so many years there should be. Lots of folks out there using them by now for other projects.
    D
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDavy View Post
    Agreed Jeep,
    Jim, Is there anyone out there that has a cure for that? I'm guessing there is and I've just not seen it yet. After so many years there should be. Lots of folks out there using them by now for other projects.
    D
    PPE (www.ppediesel.com) offers a standalone harness and computer. Spensive though... I also think Banks is offering a standalone system - marine app, but possibly adaptable to on-road.

I talk more about electrical harnesses and offer some suggestions HERE.
    Last edited by More Power; 04-05-2023 at 14:34. Reason: add to

Thanks Jim,
    I figured there would be something out there by now.
    d
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC