Thread: passenger side heater core...need help

Default passenger side heater core...need help

I can smell anti-freeze coming out of the passenger side vents, truck has dual zone climate control, I have no warranty, I AM mechanically inclined, I am just looking for some tips on how to change this myself. Does the dash come out or is there access from below? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    2003 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4, Bully Dog Dyno Dominator 90 hp, Bully Dog Power Pup 155 hp, Duramaximizer, FASS 150gph fuel pump, Bully Dog Trans, K&N Intake, Bully Dog 4\" dual exhaust, Flex-A-Lite electric replacement fans.

Lightbulb

It's quite a job...

The HVAC Module (the entire assembly under the dash) needs to come out to R&R the heater core.

1- Drain the coolant.
    2- Disconnect the heater hose connections.
    3- Recover the A/C refrigerant.
    4- Remove the A/C accumulator.
    5- Remove the instrument panel carrier.
    6- Remove the HVAC drain hose.
    7- Remove the HVAC mounting nuts and screws (both inside the passenger compartment and engine side of the firewall.
    8- Remove the HVAC module from the vehicle.
    10- Remove the heater core from the top of the HVAC module.

Jim

Damn...thought so, thanks, I might just pay someone to do it then. I put some of those stop leak horse pills GM has and it seemed to work but it should still be changed. thanks again, I was begining to think no one would answer.
    2003 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4, Bully Dog Dyno Dominator 90 hp, Bully Dog Power Pup 155 hp, Duramaximizer, FASS 150gph fuel pump, Bully Dog Trans, K&N Intake, Bully Dog 4\" dual exhaust, Flex-A-Lite electric replacement fans.