Thread: 3-53 in a jeep ....

Default 3-53 in a jeep ....

well heres the best thing I could think of to do with that old 3-53... this was when I first built it .... has grown up since
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoZRe9cuZA

wow. nice jeep!

the power lines are always a great place for hillclimbs. To bad Ohio is ______

All that torque!

Got any more details on the drivetrain?

It brings back memories of a ' 79 Cj-5 w/304 me and my father restored. but I never thought of putting a Detroit in it.

have fun,

Cody
    Late Model Specialties
    94 Camaro-6.5-4L80E-Holset vgt-WMI-DB2-3.42-stock longblock-8,500mi+
    96 Silverado C2500 ECSB-vin "S"-6.5-4L80E-3.42-FTB-relocated PMD-travel cruiser-203,000 mi+

well the motor is 3-53 NA .. t-19 trans, dana 300 transfer case with a 4 to 1 kit , one ton GM axles, it now has 44 " tires....its a blast to drive ... most people dont have a clue whats in it..
    http://

Hey! That pic looks like it was taken at Disney, Ok! I go off-roading there with my Jeep quite often.

Cool Jeep, man.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Quote Originally Posted by arveetek View Post
    Hey! That pic looks like it was taken at Disney, Ok! I go off-roading there with my Jeep quite often.

Cool Jeep, man.

Casey
    yep .. the rock garden.... I'm in oklahoma

Let me know next time you go. I'm planning on being there the 28th of this month, as long as the weather isn't too bad.

I've got a 93 Jeep ZJ, 5.2L V8, 4.5" lift, 33x13.50 Super Swampers, and pretty much otherwise stock. I'm really happy with how it performs.

Here's a pic of my Jeep hitting the mud pit at D-Day adventure park in Seneca, MO:

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Hey Bigin
    Thanks for the vid. Had me laughing my a$$ off.
    I have been working on Detroit Diesel powered equipment for 34 years, but yours looks like the most fun
    Nice build.
    Stock 98 Chev Silverado 2500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Beedee View Post
    Hey Bigin
    Thanks for the vid. Had me laughing my a$$ off.
    I have been working on Detroit Diesel powered equipment for 34 years, but yours looks like the most fun
    Nice build.
    the best part of it for me was that the hummer and the new dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 barely made it up the hill on their own ... the chevy I was pulling broke his transfer case trying to get up...they tried winching him but he just kept pulling them toward the edge... so I said I'll try to get him closer for you guys.... was pulling him ok so I just kept going till he was at the top....... I love this diesel

That thing is awesome. One bad jeep. I love the sound of a 2 stroke. Got any engine pics? Any plans to turbo it?
    1998 K1500 Silverado Ext Cab SB 6.5TD L56 4L80E 342 locking rear - 60k miles
    Modifications: Ported and ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, worked GM-8 turbo, L65 upper and lower intake, marine injectors, boost, EGT, and Trans Temp gauges, SSDiesel air intake, Hearthrob/SSDiesel stainless 3in down pipe, 4in exhaust, and 2.25 crossover.
    Planned: Remapped ECU, intercooler, turbomaster, fluidamper, fan/clutch upgrade, upgraded oil cooler and lines, and lift.