Thread: AMG/GEP 506 Navistar Longblock ID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When identifying these blocks, what would the date 0206N be? How do I break these numbers down? I thought the N was a month, but that would make M the last month. Any help?

I tried to look up julian dates, but the numbers used on engines isn't true julian numbers. The letters used are not in the julian system so this must be some bastardized version used by the manufacturers. I still can't find out what 0206N means. It is in the right place on the block. I simply want to know if this is an 06 engine.

Thanks MP, I had read that thread, but I did not read it close enough. That answers my question.

Thumbs up Confused

I have just taken delivery of a cobra p400 complete ready to drop in engine, it has 506 in the valley and P 400 on the block near head face, no no,s on the heads either end it was supplied to a friend in Sydney Aust from US engine production company near New York .what do we actually have here,please anyone she'd light, I'm unaware that the 506 block are in fact used for the p 400
    Will load pics if needed, happy travels and to Jim and Robyn and all thanks for sharing your excellent knowledge base, cheers from Oz.
    Okadoc

P400 was the model designation for the AMG 6.5 that had been refitted with the complete lower cast iron girdle assembly.

Take a couple pix of the engine and post here.

Get a good side shot showing the pan rail area, as this is where the difference is.

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    P400 was the model designation for the AMG 6.5 that had been refitted with the complete lower cast iron girdle assembly.

Get a good side shot showing the pan rail area, as this is where the difference is.

Robyn
    If it doesn't have the cast-iron girdle, it's NOT a P400.

Default Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post

Robyn
    Thanks heaps for your reply hope I get this right first time here's the pics
    Attached Images Attached Images