Thread: Three LBZ tow tune comparison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mark's is a unique situation. He originally had the same base tune as you do on his other truck. The thing is, he felt it was unrefined and too aggressive. That is uncharacteristic of the tune in fact I hear the exact opposite. The decision was made to back it down and at the same time we migrated to a different truck. After talking some more with Mark, I think I may have figured something out. My 2005 has a touchy pedal. It can be hard to leave a stop and on a rough road it can be tough to hold speed without jerky acceleration on bumps caused by unstable pedal. Mark reported much the same. What I figure I have is a pump regulator getting bad. I can hear my idle roll at times and of all things when I put my 4 way flashers on it is more noticeable. Quite often when I back out of the shop it feels like it bounces like a nasty warped rotor. There is a good probability that his other truck parallels my 2005 as my 2007 runs VERY smooth.

Hard to say if a tune update would be in order for you. I just scaled it back a bit on aggressiveness. EGT per power application should be the same, but the bigger tune has more if you go deep...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Mark's is a unique situation. He originally had the same base tune as you do on his other truck. The thing is, he felt it was unrefined and too aggressive. That is uncharacteristic of the tune in fact I hear the exact opposite. The decision was made to back it down and at the same time we migrated to a different truck. After talking some more with Mark, I think I may have figured something out. My 2005 has a touchy pedal. It can be hard to leave a stop and on a rough road it can be tough to hold speed without jerky acceleration on bumps caused by unstable pedal. Mark reported much the same. What I figure I have is a pump regulator getting bad. I can hear my idle roll at times and of all things when I put my 4 way flashers on it is more noticeable. Quite often when I back out of the shop it feels like it bounces like a nasty warped rotor. There is a good probability that his other truck parallels my 2005 as my 2007 runs VERY smooth.

Hard to say if a tune update would be in order for you. I just scaled it back a bit on aggressiveness. EGT per power application should be the same, but the bigger tune has more if you go deep...
    John,
    Don't get me wrong, I love the tune you provided. You know the senario, enthusiasts always are looking for something a step beyond and you offer the best to date. But I just want you to to provide me with something in the neighborhood of 1200 ft lbs that can pull my fifth wheel at any speed up any grade and not genenerate EGT's above 600degrees. I'm sure if you put your mind to it you can offer it at a bargain price.
    Luv ya John,
    Randy
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Red with Dark Cashmer Light Cashmer
    Superglide 5th wheel hitch
    Bed Rug
    Jack Rabbit Full Metal Jacket bed cover
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.